Thursday, June 25, 2009

Thrown together, but a big hit

Between all of the end of the school year activities and moving, I had not had time to go to the grocery store. Here was the dilemma: hungry family, tired of eating out, almost empty pantry. I found a few ingredients that I thought I could use to throw something together. If they didn't like it oh well, at least it wasn't Mc Donald's (again). To my surprise, they really liked it. I don't have any pictures because obviously it wasn't something I thought I would be sharing.

Ingredients:
2 chicken breasts- cubed and cooked
1/2 package egg noodles- cooked according to package instructions
1 can cream of chicken soup
3/4 CAN of milk
bread crumbs
shredded Parmesan cheese (not the can kind)

1. Preheat the oven to 350. Spray an 11X7 baking dish with nonstick cooking spray. (or whatever size you have- but not a big dish unless you double the recipe)

2. In a large bowl, combine the soup and milk. Add the noodles and chicken, and toss until noodles are coated with soup mixture.

3. Pour the mixture into the dish. Sprinkle breadcrumbs over the top until completely covered. Next, sprinkle the cheese over the bread crumbs.

4. Bake for about 20 minutes or until cheese is melted and noodles are heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment