Wednesday, March 17, 2010

EASY Apple Dumplings

I got this recipe from the Pioneer Woman website. I LOVE her site (http://www.thepioneerwoman.com/) . Her recipes look wonderful and she's really funny. You should go there and read her Love Story. She tells about how her and her husband met and fell in love. She's a great writer and it's such a great story. I was kind of a bad mom for a couple of day until I could get the whole thing read ;). You HAVE to try this one!! It's too easy to be this good (it's scary good). I halved the recipe and it was great. I just baked it in an 8x8 pan.

Apple Dumplings
2 Granny Smith apples
2 cans (8oz each) crescent rolls
2 sticks butter
1 1/2 c sugar
1 tsp vanilla
cinnamon, to taste
1 can Mountain Dew (yes, Mountain Dew!)
Ice cream

Peel and core the apples. Cut each one into 8 slices. Roll each slice in a crescent roll. Put in a 9x13 buttered baking dish. Melt the butter and stir in the sugar (barely stirring). Add vanilla and barely stir. Pour the mixture all over the apples. Pour the Mountain Dew around the edge of the pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake at 350 for 40 minutes. Serve with ice cream and the sauce from the pan.
*Next time I make this I MIGHT cut back on the sugar just a little. It's not sicky sweet but I'm just curious what would happen :).

No comments:

Post a Comment