Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Triple Layer Peanut Butter Brownies

Ok, these are to die for :). I made them last week and was so happy to see the last bite go because I COULDN'T stay out of them. I got the recipe from the Kraft Magazine. I have pictures on my camera and will add them if I ever get them onto my computer.

1 pkg. (19-21 oz.) brownie mix, prepared in 9x13 pan (I used the Pillsbury family size)
1 cup cold milk
1 small pkg vanilla instant pudding (I actually used the large size and it was fine)
1 cup creamy peanut butter
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 1/2 cups cool whip, frozen (mine was already thawed and it was fine)
3 squares Baker's semi sweet baking chocolate
1/2 cup dry roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped (don't skip these!!!!)

Whisk milk and pudding for 2 minutes while brownies are cooling. Add peanut butter and sugar; mix well. Cover and refrigerate pudding mixture until brownies are COMPLETELY cooled. Spread pudding mixture over brownies. Microwave cool whip and chocolate on high for 1 minute, stirring every 30 seconds. Spread over pudding; sprinkle with nuts. Refrigerate at least 1 hour (it gets better the longer it sits so I would suggest making it in the morning or afternoon if you are having it for dessert after dinner). Store in the fridge.

2 comments:

  1. Where do you find all of these great ones? I am sending this to my daughters who are at the PMS stage...they will thank you for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel the pounds going on just reading the recipe. It really sounds great!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete