Monday, July 20, 2009

Angel Hair With Artichokes

This is one of those things I throw together when I make something for my family that I won't eat. I make a few different variations. You could easily add sliced chicken breast to this if you wanted some meat in your meal. If I have fresh spinach, I will throw that in also.

Ingredients:
Angel hair pasta
2 Tablespoons Olive oil
2 garlic cloves or 1 teaspoon minced garlic
1 14oz. can petite diced tomatoes, drained or 1 small container fresh grape tomatoes, halved
1 14oz. can quartered artichoke hearts
1 small can sliced black olives, drained
2 Tablespoons capers, drained
fresh basil
grated Parmesan
1. Saute garlic in olive oil. Add tomatoes, artichokes, and black olives. Bring to a boil. (If using fresh tomatoes, heat until tomatoes are soft.
2. Reduce heat to low. Add capers and basil. Simmer about 5 minutes.
3. Salt and pepper to taste. Toss with angel hair pasta. Top with Parmesan.

No comments:

Post a Comment