Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baked Ziti

This is a FAVORITE at our house. It's easy, fast, and feeds a lot of people. You can bake half and freeze the other half. I haven't made it since we started the blog so I don't have any pictures. I'll add some soon. Thanks Dina for this recipe!!!!

Baked Ziti
1 pound ground beef
onion
1 pound penne pasta
4 cups shredded mozzarella cheese; divided
12 oz. cottage cheese
15 oz. ricotta cheese
1 jar spaghetti sauce
Italian seasoning
Tony Chachere's seasoning (you don't have to use this but I like it!)
salt and pepper

Start pasta. Brown HB and onion then drain. When the pasta is finished drain and dump back into the pot. Stir in all of the other ingredients but save 1/4 of the mozz cheese for the top. Pour into a 9x13 and top with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake uncovered at 350 for 30 minutes (until bubbly).

1 comment:

  1. The Ziti and Tortilla Soup look delicious! I am in the Rogers area too, come visit me at http://grannymountain.blogspot.com
    joy c.

    ReplyDelete