Sunday, April 26, 2009

Orange Jello

This is a nice, light dessert for summertime. It was a favorite in our house when we were growing up. Three ingredients and easy! (Actually four- counting the water.)

2 3-ounce boxes of orange jello
1 can mandarin oranges
1 tub whipped topping

**You can use sugar free jello and whipped topping. You can also use Lite or Fat Free whipped topping to make this a "healthy" dessert.


1.Make the jello. I use less water than what it calls for. For example: two boxes would normally call for 2 cups boiling water and 2 cups cold water, and I use 1 1/2 cups of each. It just makes it a little thicker so it will hold its consistency a little better when you add the other ingredients.

This is actually just 1 1/2 packages of jello. I had a little mishap. Apparently you shouldn't shake the jello envelope AFTER you tear it open :) Who knew?!

2. Drain the can of oranges. Stir them into the jello. Refrigerate until the jello sets.



3. Stir in the whipped topping. Use as much or as little as you like. I use about 1/2 a tub.

2 comments:

  1. Yum! I must tell you when my grandsons come in the summer I make jello salads or desserts every day and they eat ALL of it! So I would say Jello is still a favorite!
    joy c. at grannymountain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this last night! It took me back to being a little kid :).

    ReplyDelete